Welcome oh wordlover...do you, like me, yearn for others eyes to hungrily devour your most inner toughts transcribed. Then I summon the wordsmith within thee to put the words within thee to public display! mail to mariusbuys@gmail.com

Nkosi Sikelela Dark Afrika

NKOSI SIKELELA DARK AFRIKA
by Marius Buys

(With apologies to Simon and Garfunkel)

Hello darkness my old friend,
You’ve come to share load with me again,
came into the office without calling,
delivered your Eskom message without warning,
and blank pc screen is all that I see now,
and still somehow,

I fear the sound...of silence.

Get your work done come what may,
I heard my boss so wisely say.
Now in the dim light I must work alone,
with squinted eyes and heart of stone.
Oh generator please can you ease my pain,
come start up your motor for I’m really taking strain.

with more sounds... of silence.

2010 I heard them jest,
Will not see the country at its best,
Down from copier to carbon sheet,
From traffic light to darkened street...

we bear these sounds...of silence